The M8 Temperature/Humidity sensor provides an easy way to measure temperature and humidity with the Tracker One. It connects to the M8 connector on the outside of the Tracker One.
- IP 67 waterproof rating
- Durable, weatherproof, metal casing
- ±0.5°C temperature accuracy
- ±2% relative humidity accuracy
- Temperature range -22°C to 80°C
- 120 cm. (47.25 inch) cable
- The Tracker One preserves its IP67 waterproof rating with the M8 connector in use
The sensor (in the metal case) is a weatherproof Sensiron SHT-31D, I2C temperature and humidity sensor.
The sensor is powered by the CAN_PWR output on the M8 connector. It can be powered down when not sensing temperature to reduce power consumption, if desired.
The cable assembly contains a 3.3V voltage regulator, as the I2C interface on the Tracker One is limited to 3.3V.
The Particle sht3x-i2c library can be used to communicate with this sensor from user firmware.
- I2C address: 0x44
- I2C maximum speed: 400 MHz
- Tracker One interface:
The M8 Temperature/Humidity Sensor Tutorial includes additional information for using the library and this sensor.
|M8TEMPHUMIEA||M8 Temperature and humidity sensor, (x1)|
|M8TEMPHUMITY||M8 Temperature and humidity sensor, (x40)|
|001||2021 Mar 01||RK||First release|