LED Colors (Explained)
During initial setup of a device these are the usual LED specifications:
- White pulse: Start-up (happens when the Photon is first powered on or when it's reset)
- Blinking blue: Listening Mode, waiting for Wi-Fi credentials
- Blinking green: Connecting to Wi-Fi network
- Blinking cyan: Connecting to Particle Device Cloud. Connected to the network, but not necessarily the internet yet.
- High-speed blinking cyan: Particle Device Cloud handshake
- Breathing cyan: Connected to Particle Device Cloud
- Blinking magenta: Receiving new firmware update over-the-air (OTA)
- Breathing magenta Safe mode, connected to Particle Device Cloud but user firmware not running
Further explained in our Device Modes section.
Hopefully, you never see these colors but here are the error LED color codes:
- Flash red twice: Connection failure, no internet connection (technically, can't reach Google)
- Flash red three times: Connection failure, Cloud is unreachable
- Orange blinking: Connection failure, bad handshake