|Sort Applications By|
Use the Get Web IDE Projects button to download the Web IDE source code from your Particle account.
Select the project(s) you want to download. You can select multiple projects, or even all of them.
Use the Export Projects button to build a zip file in your web browser and download it to your computer.
Extract the export.zip file in your Downloads directory. If you have done this more than once, it will likely have a unique number in the filename.
- If you export multiple applications and open the top level of the export directory after extracting it, you will have a multi-root workspace, where you can see all of the projects you exported in the left-hand navigation tree.
- This provides the best overview of the source and is good for searching.
- It is not recommended for working with a project, because each time you want to compile or flash, you need to choose which project you want to work with.
- If instead you open a single project (directory with a project.properties file), then you only see the source for that project.
- Use the command palette (Ctrl-Shift-P or Command-Shift-P) to Particle: Configure Project for Device to configure the Device OS version, platform, and optionally the device to flash.
- If you have libraries in your project and you want to build locally:
- Open the command palette and select Particle: Launch CLI.
- Use the
particle library copycommand to install libraries locally.
- This is not necessary if you will be doing cloud builds.