After filling your cart and clicking checkout in the Wholesale Store, you will be taken the "User Compliance Survey". This section is required by US Law and is mandatory for all purchases on the Wholesale Store.
Particle photon and electron products are restricted under ECCN number 5A992.c. Find out more about these restrictions here.
The first question is required to establish whether you will use the products yourself or sell/give the products to another individual or business.
- As a business, the answer to this question will be "Yes" if you intend to use Particle products for internal uses and "No" for products you intend to sell.
- As a distributor, the answer to this question is most likely “No”.
- As an educator or the host of an event, the answer to this question will likely be "No" for products you intend to sell or give to other individuals or businesses.
Checking the “No” option for the first question prompts another dropdown.
The additional question if you selected "No" asks whether you will collect the full name, physical address and end use of the end users of the products. If you have an e-commerce portal that stores this information or you will receive full invoices for the goods, you can answer "Yes" to this question. If you are not able to collect this information, we can not sell to you per US export law.
The next question asks about countries that the United States currently has trade embargoes with. Answer "Yes" to this question if you can guarantee that the products will not be sold to these countries. If you will ship Particle products to these countries, we can not sell to you per US export law.
The next question asks the Geography in which the device will be used. Again, choosing "Embargoed countries" will not allow us to ship to you.
A check list for use cases is next. All use cases are allowed but we will need additional information if you select "Military Applications".
- For distributors the most likely use cases should be "MISCELLANEOUS HOBBYIST ACTIVITIES (Without military applications)". All use cases are allowed but we will need additional information if you select "Military Applications".
- Educators or event hosts typically select "MISCELLANEOUS HOBBYIST ACTIVITIES (Without military applications)". All use cases are allowed but we will need additional information if you select "Military Applications".
Finally, you will be asked to confirm that you can comply with the due diligence requirements of US export law. Please see the following resources for more information:
- Embargoed locations - Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria
- Denied persons lists
- ECCN specific information
Checking “Yes” for this question will direct you to the checkout screen. If for any reason you have failed the survey please contact our support team.