The Particle Asset Tracking System is an integrated, customizable, hardware, firmware, and cloud-based system with GNSS (GPS) and cellular connectivity.
The Tracker One is a complete system with a waterproof IP67-rated enclosure.
The Tracker SoM system-on-a-module is inside the Tracker One, but can also be purchased separately so you can reflow solder it to your own custom base board for the ultimate in flexibility.
- LTE Cat 1 (EMEAA) or LTE Cat M1 (North America) cellular modem
- GNSS (supports GPS, SBAS, QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo) with up to 1.8m accuracy and untethered dead-reckoning
- Support for CAN bus and 5V power for CAN devices
- Built-in Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
The Particle Asset Tracking system builds upon the Particle cloud foundation of device management and events, adding two new major services:
- The Configuration Service allows for fleet-wide and per-device configuration stored into the cloud and automatically synchronized with devices.
- The Location Service receives geolocation and other data from devices and stores it in a database.
One difference from other Particle devices is that the Tracker One firmware can be used in three different ways:
- Completely off-the-shelf. With its cloud-based configuration, you can use the firmware as-is with no modifications in some cases.
- Semi-custom. The Tracker One firmware is customizable on-device making it possible to add new sensors and customize behavior while still making it easy to upgrade the base firmware.
- Custom. The Tracker One firmware is open-source so you can duplicate and modify it ("fork") for completely custom applications. Or build your own completely from scratch.
- Tracker One hardware is designed to be used without modification. It's fully assembled and ready to go.
- Tracker Edge firmware on Tracker One can be used without modification. You can use the firmware off-the-shelf and customize it from the Particle console, with no writing of device firmware necessary at all.
- Easily upgrade to new versions of Tracker Edge firmware from the console and release it to your fleet with just a few clicks.
- You can use the Particle Edge reference firmware as a base and add your own code to extend it quickly and easily.
- Designed to make it easy to upgrade the base firmware while keeping your customizations in place.
- Add external sensors via the Tracker One M8 connector without opening the case.
- The circuit board in the Tracker One will be available separately for semi-custom designs.
- Use your own enclosure or modify the Tracker One enclosure to fit your needs. The Tracker One enclosure design is open-source.
- Optionally add an expansion daughter board using a JST PHR-8 for internal access to the same signals as the Tracker One M8 connector.
- Reflow solder the Tracker SoM onto your own custom base board with the features you need for your product.
- Design your board and enclosure together to fit your needs.
- Best option if you need external antennas for both cellular and GNSS.
In the Asset Tracking section in Tutorials:
- Setup guide
- Introduction to Tracker Edge firmware
- Evaluation Board Tutorials
- Expanding the Tracker One using the external M8 connector
- Introduction to CAN Bus
Want to add temperature, pressure, and humidity data to your location publishes using the Tracker Evaluation Board? Check out this example of using a BME280 temperature, pressure, and humidity sensor connected by I2C to add data to location publishes.
And other tutorial resources:
- The map view and settings are described in the Console Documentation.
- Cellular carriers for the Tracker SoM can be found in the Carrier List.
- The Device OS Firmware API reference includes information specific to the Tracker SoM, such as the difference in GPIO. The new POSIX Filesystem is documented there as well.
- The Particle Cloud API Reference includes information about Tracking events as well as a reference for the Tracker Cloud API.
- The Tracker Edge Firmware Reference describes the Tracker Edge reference firmware API used to write device firmware. It allows for customizing the on-device code to access custom sensors and run your own code on the device.
- The Pin Info page includes more information on the available pins on the Tracker SoM.
Here you'll find detailed technical specifications for the:
- Tracker SoM
- Tracker SoM Evaluation Board, for getting started with the Tracker SoM
- Tracker One, ready-to-go and fully assembled with an IP67-rated enclosure
If you're building a carrier board you'll probably want to use the Eagle CAD Tracker SoM footprint in the Hardware Libraries. You can also import this into other CAD programs.
|ONE404MEA||Tracker One LTE M1 (NorAm), [x1]||NORAM||BG96-MC||GA|
|ONE404MTY||Tracker One LTE M1 (NorAm), Bulk [x40]||NORAM||BG96-MC||GA|
|ONE404MTY-NB||Tracker One LTE M1 (NorAm), no battery, Bulk [x40]||NORAM||BG96-MC||GA|
|ONE524MEA||Tracker One LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), [x1]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||GA|
|ONE524MTY||Tracker One CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), Bulk [x40]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||GA|
|ONE524MTY-NB||Tracker One CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), no battery, Bulk [x40]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||GA|
|T404MEA||Tracker SoM LTE M1 (NorAm), [x1]||NORAM||BG96-MC||GA|
|T404MKIT||Tracker SoM LTE M1 (NorAm) Evaluation Kit, [x1]||NORAM||BG96-MC||GA|
|T404MTY||Tracker SoM LTE M1 (NorAm), Tray [x50]||NORAM||BG96-MC||GA|
|T524MEA||Tracker SoM LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), [x1]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||GA|
|T524MKIT||Tracker SoM LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe) Evaluation Kit, [x1]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||GA|
|T524MTY||Tracker SoM LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), Tray [x50]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||GA|
|ONE402MEA||Tracker One LTE M1 (NorAm), [x1]||NORAM||BG96-MC||NRND||ONE404MEA|
|ONE402MTY||Tracker One LTE M1 (NorAm), Bulk [x40]||NORAM||BG96-MC||NRND||ONE404MTY|
|ONE523MEA||Tracker One LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), [x1]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||NRND||ONE524MEA|
|ONE523MTY||Tracker One CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), Bulk [x40]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||NRND||ONE524MTY|
|T402MEA||Tracker SoM LTE M1 (NorAm), [x1]||NORAM||BG96-MC||NRND||T404MEA|
|T402MKIT||Tracker SoM LTE M1 (NorAm) Evaluation Kit, [x1]||NORAM||BG96-MC||NRND||T404MKIT|
|T402MTY||Tracker SoM LTE M1 (NorAm), Tray [x50]||NORAM||BG96-MC||NRND||T404MTY|
|T523MEA||Tracker SoM LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), [x1]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||NRND||T524MEA|
|T523MKIT||Tracker SoM LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe) Evaluation Kit, [x1]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||NRND||T524MKIT|
|T523MTY||Tracker SoM LTE CAT1/3G/2G (Europe), Tray [x50]||EMEAA||EG91-EX||NRND||T524MTY|