Adafruit_SSD1306_RK (community library)
|All Versions||1.3.2, 1.3.1, 1.3.0, 1.1.7, 1.1.6, 1.1.5, 1.1.4, 1.1.3, 1.1.2|
SSD1306 oled driver library for 'monochrome' 128x64 and 128x32 OLEDs! Based on version 1.3.0. SSD1306 oled driver library for 'monochrome' 128x64 and 128x32 OLEDs. Ported by rickkas7. Includes Adafruit_GFX 1.5.6.
Example Build Testing
Device OS Version:
This table is generated from an automated build. Success only indicates that the code compiled successfully.
Library Read Me
This content is provided by the library maintainer and has not been validated or approved.
Port of the Asafruit_SSD1306 library version 1.3.0 for OLED displays for Particle devices. Includes Adafruit_GFX_RK 1.5.6.
This is a library for our Monochrome OLEDs based on SSD1306 drivers
Pick one up today in the adafruit shop! ------> http://www.adafruit.com/category/63_98
These displays use I2C or SPI to communicate, 2 to 5 pins are required to interface.
Adafruit invests time and resources providing this open source code, please support Adafruit and open-source hardware by purchasing products from Adafruit!
Written by Limor Fried/Ladyada for Adafruit Industries, with contributions from the open source community. Scrolling code contributed by Michael Gregg. Dynamic buffer allocation based on work by Andrew Canaday. BSD license, check license.txt for more information. All text above must be included in any redistribution
Preferred installation method is to use the Arduino IDE Library Manager. To download the source from Github instead, click "Clone or download" above, then "Download ZIP." After uncompressing, rename the resulting folder Adafruit_SSD1306. Check that the Adafruit_SSD1306 folder contains Adafruit_SSD1306.cpp and Adafruit_SSD1306.h.
You will also have to install the Adafruit GFX library which provides graphics primitves such as lines, circles, text, etc. This also can be found in the Arduino Library Manager, or you can get the source from https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library
Version 1.2 (November 2018) introduces some significant changes:
- Display dimensions are now specified in the constructor...you no longer need to edit the .h file for different screens (though old sketches can continue to work that way).
- SPI transactions are used and SPI bitrate can be specified (both require Arduino 1.6 or later).
- SPI and Wire (I2C) interfaces other than the defaults are supported.
|MCU||Tested Works||Doesn't Work||Not Tested||Notes|
|ESP8266||X||Change OLED_RESET to different pin if using default I2C pins D4/D5.|
|WICED||X||No hardware SPI - bitbang only|
- ATmega328 : Arduino UNO, Adafruit Pro Trinket, Adafruit Metro 328, Adafruit Metro Mini
- ATmega32u4 : Arduino Leonardo, Arduino Micro, Arduino Yun, Teensy 2.0, Adafruit Flora, Bluefruit Micro
- ATmega2560 : Arduino Mega
- ESP8266 : Adafruit Huzzah
- ATSAM3X8E : Arduino Due
- ATSAM21D : Arduino Zero, M0 Pro, Adafruit Metro Express, Feather M0
- ATtiny85 : Adafruit Gemma, Arduino Gemma, Adafruit Trinket
- Upgrade to Adafruit_GFX_RK 1.5.8
- Fix compiler error for undefined conversion to SpiClass with 1.5.1-rc.1.
- Upgrade to Adafruit_GFX_RK 1.5.7
Browse Library Files