SparkFun_APDS-9960_Sensor_Arduino_Library (community library)
|Author||SparkFun Electronics email@example.com|
|Maintainer||SparkFun Electronics <sparkfun.com>|
Library for the Avago APDS-9960 sensor This library works with the SparkFun Breakout board for the Avago APDS-9960 proximity, light, RGB, and gesture sensor, made by SparkFun Electronics.
Example Build Testing
Device OS Version:
This table is generated from an automated build. Success only indicates that the code compiled successfully.
Library Read Me
This content is provided by the library maintainer and has not been validated or approved.
SparkFun APDS9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor Arduino Library
Avago APDS-9960 Breakout Board (SEN-12787)
- Download the Git repository as a ZIP ("Download ZIP" button)
- Copy the entire library directory (APDS-9960_RGB_and_Gesture_Sensor_Arduino_Library
) to \
- Open the Arduino program
- Select File -> Examples -> SparkFun_APDS9960 -> GestureTest
- Plug in your Arduino and APDS-9960 with the following connections
- Use the library manager
|Arduino Pin||APDS-9960 Board||Function|
- Go to Tools -> Board and select your Arduino board
- Go to Tools -> Serial Port and select the COM port of your Arduino board
- Click "Upload"
- Go to Tools -> Serial Monitor
- Ensure the baud rate is set at 9600 baud
- Swipe your hand over the sensor in various directions!
- /examples - Example sketches for the library (.ino). Run these from the Arduino IDE.
- /src - Source files for the library (.cpp, .h).
- library.properties - General library properties for the Arduino package manager.
- Installing an Arduino Library Guide - Basic information on how to install an Arduino library.
- Product Repository - Main repository (including hardware files) for the SparkFun_APDS9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor.
- Hookup Guide - Basic hookup guide for the sensor.
Products that use this Library
- SEN-12787- Avago APDS-9960
- V_1.4.1 - Removing blank files, updating library.properties file.
- V_1.4.0 - Updated to new library structure
- V_1.3.0 - Implemented disableProximitySensor(). Thanks to jmg5150 for catching that!
- V_1.2.0 - Added pinMode line to GestureTest demo to fix interrupt bug with some Arduinos
- V_1.1.0 - Updated GestureTest demo to not freeze with fast swipes
- V_1.0.0: Initial release
- Ambient and RGB light sensing implemented
- Ambient light interrupts working
- Proximity sensing implemented
- Proximity interrupts working
- Gesture (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, NEAR, FAR) sensing implemented
This product is open source!
The code is beerware; if you see me (or any other SparkFun employee) at the local, and you've found our code helpful, please buy us a round!
Please use, reuse, and modify these files as you see fit. Please maintain attribution to SparkFun Electronics and release anything derivative under the same license.
Distributed as-is; no warranty is given.
- Your friends at SparkFun.
Browse Library Files