Australia and New Zealand 2G/3G Sunset
The mobile operators used by Particle cellular devices in the Australia and New Zealand are making changes to their networks that will affect some devices.
In Australia, 2G services have already shut down, and 3G shutdown is approaching. 2G/3G devices will continue to operate until late 2024, however there may be degraded service.
- Optus: Planned 3G shutdown date: September 2024
- Telstra: Planned 3G shutdown date: June 2024
- Vodafone: Planned 3G shutdown date: December 15, 2023.
- In April 2019, Vodafone ended 3G service on B1 (2100 MHz), reallocating those frequencies to 4G LTE.
In New Zealand, 2G/3G devices will continue to operate until late 2025.
- 2degrees: Expected 3G shutdown in late 2025. 2G is already shut down.
- Spark: Expected 3G shutdown in late 2025. 2G is already shut down.
- Vodafone: Expected 3G shutdown starting August 2024. 2G shutdown by end of 2025.