This workshop is sponsored and produced by Particle.
The workshop is a combination of a presentations and 4 hands-on sessions described in this guide.
This workshop will take you through the basics of connecting a Particle Photon device to the Internet, and have it do amazing stuff. All in just 2 hours.
- Create a new Particle account
- Install the Particle iOS or Android App
- Install the Particle CLI
- Install the Particle Desktop IDE
- Create an Azure Account
- Chapter 1: Claiming your Particle Device
- Unbox a brand new Photon, claim it to your Particle account, and make it light up with Tinker.
- Chapter 2: Reading from sensors and posting data to the cloud!
- Read simple sensors included in the maker kit, and post data to the Particle Device cloud.
- Chapter 3: Connecting the Particle Device Cloud to Azure
- Wire your Photon up to the Azure IoT Hub
- Chapter 4: Visualizing sensor data in the cloud
- Vizualize sensor data in Azure
- Chapter 5: Controlling your devices from the cloud
- Process sensor data in the cloud and use that data to control an LED connected to your Photon